Ignite is a leadership development program with one of the largest independent insurance and financial advisory firms in the Pacific Northwest.
If you are a recent college graduate interested in a relevant, challenging, and financially rewarding career, Ignite is a great opportunity.
WHY CONSIDER IGNITE?
First off, this is not an internship—our program based in Portland, OR, offers regular full-time employment from your first day, along with benefits, extensive networking, mentoring, and coaching from industry experts. All Ignite graduates are assigned to one of our growing divisions in which they continue to build their careers with us.
Ignite’s structured learning approach includes three weeks of classroom-based, hands-on training in the following areas:
- Overview of TPG
- Insurance industry overview
- Product overview and technological capabilities
- Presentation skills
- Leadership and advisory skills
- Life skills
A career in insurance and financial services enables you to collaborate with many well-known brands and their leadership. It is also a stable, growth-oriented industry that is unaffected by economic downturns, major global events, and so on. We serve industries such as education, advertising, technology, healthcare, non-profits, and beyond.
If you are accepted into the Ignite program, TPG will not only connect you with some of the brightest in insurance and finance but place you with a group of like-minded program participants.
Many of our past participants credit the cohort model for providing a positive, well-supported transition from college to the real-world workplace. We work to ease you in and build your anticipation for the day you transition into your official job at TPG!
- 3.0+ GPA
- Ability to work from our Portland, OR, or Bellevue, WA, office
- Previous sales, service, or administrative work experience
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships
- Time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain life & health insurance license within 3 months of regular job placement
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Sales, business, or finance majors/certifications (not required)
- Professional and HR designations—i.e., CEBS, CLU, PHR, or SPHR (not required)
In 2021, TPG launched a sales internship program called SPARK, designed to introduce college students to a sales career in the insurance industry.
This is an outstanding opportunity to SPARK your career with one of the largest independent insurance firms in the Pacific Northwest.
The SPARK internship was a valuable experience that will play a role in my future career. … With the opportunity to job shadow the different departments at TPG, I was able to gain insights on the many careers and think about what I want to do in the future. …I’m beyond grateful and appreciative of everyone in the office who shared their career journey with me and made me feel welcome to TPG.”
This is a paid, 10-week summer internship. If you’re a high-achieving college student with a strong desire to work in sales, SPARK may be a good fit for you:
- Professional development opportunities, such as real-life job previews with our insurance producers, networking, and interactive classroom training
- Team building with fellow SPARK interns and peer mentoring in a supportive cohort modeL
- Opportunities to attend fun company events and make an impact on the local community through volunteering
- Working toward a college degree with a 3.0+ GPA
- Previous sales, service, or administrative work or internship experience
- Participation in a college or university sponsored sales club or sales academy (preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to present to senior leaders
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and proven analytical skills
The SPARK internship taught me not only about TPG, but the insurance industry as a whole. We learned about the history of insurance, the law of large numbers, and what it takes to underwrite. … I enjoyed learning about how all the different areas of TPG work together in One Partner Advantage…. I found that I enjoy working in a team environment much more than just working on my own.”