Emerging Service Professional – Benefits Marketing Specialist (IGNITE)
Portland, OR / Renton, WA
Find your place at The Partners Group, a purpose-driven company committed to making a difference in our community through our work and inspiring others to do the same.
TPG’s success is driven by a culture that values partnerships. We’re looking for people who invest in their relationships, seek to learn, create winning solutions for all, and do what they say they are going to do. Hard work goes without saying at TPG, supported by our culture that thrives on having fun while living well. This is what it means to be a partner for our clients and teammates.
Are you ready to join an amazing team that has won too many Employer of Choice awards to list? Let’s work together!
The Partners Group has an outstanding opportunity for an upcoming or recent college graduate to join our IGNITE Program as an emerging service professional in either our Portland- or Seattle-area office.
How you will have an impact at TPG
TPG’s IGNITE Program is designed to start your sales career off right. You will receive in-house classroom training, a behind-the-scenes look at each of our business units, teambuilding with other emerging professionals, time with our President and CEO, mentoring, and more.
You will receive hands-on training by first learning how to support our team and clients in a client service role, which prepares you for a career in Sales. Rather than throwing you in without a life preserver, we give you swimming lessons so you can develop the business acumen and expertise needed to be able to build your career with us.
TPG serves many household brands. We can’t mention them here, but you will find them in your local grocery store, on billboards, and more. Why work for one great company when you can work with many?
As an Employee Benefits Marketing Specialist, you will earn your life and health license, learn how to service an employer’s employee benefits plans, create spreadsheets with complex Excel formulas, acquire basic medical knowledge, become a “legal eagle” of employee benefits, and more.
As a future Employee Benefits Account Manager, you will put clients’ best interests first. You are a partner who solves problems by building custom insurance strategies that discover, protect, and enhance your clients’ future. You’ll establish relationships and nurture them for many years to come.
What a typical day in this role looks like
- Supporting the account management team to provide accurate and timely marketing and renewal services to group accounts
- Fulfilling marketing responsibilities in accordance with established policies and procedures, such as preparing requests for proposals (RFPs), requesting carrier renewals, preparing employee open enrollment communications, etc.
- Attending client meetings and educational seminars as requested
- Completing administrative tasks, such as filing, tracking lead activity in our CRM system, handling ingoing and outgoing mail, etc.
Location: Our Portland, Oregon or Renton, Washington office
Hours: 40 hours/week, Mon-Fri
Starts: June 2023, following graduation (yes, we start recruiting early!)
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and ability to handle long periods of screen time.
What you’ll bring to the table
- A drive for building relationships with co-workers and clients that span years!
- Attention to detail and ability to stealthily maneuver Excel, Word
- Excellent customer relations providing prompt, accurate, and friendly client service
- A high level of accountability and the ability to handle multiple requests under tight deadlines
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently, as well as in team settings
- Strong organization and attention to detail
What will make you really stand out
- GPA of 3.5 of higher
- Experience in on-campus or off-campus leadership roles (i.e., student groups, fundraising groups, etc.)
- Internship and/or job experience
- Desire to build quality, lasting relationships
- A drive and motivation to invest time and effort in your career (but not with the crazy 50-, 60-, or 80- hour work weeks. That’s not how we roll at The Partners Group!)
What TPG can offer you
- A rich benefits package, including generous Paid Time Off, Medical and Dental Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, and a Retirement plan
- Support & Development to cultivate your knowledge, and Continuing Education to maintain or grow your professional designations
- Community Involvement perks, including 8 hours paid volunteer time per quarter, charitable contributions matched by TPG, and an All-company holiday volunteer day
- The opportunity to join an award-winning Employer of Choice. To name a few, we’ve been awarded Oregon’s Top Places to Work as a Hall of Fame employer, PSBJ’s Best Washington Workplaces, Oregon’s Healthiest Employer, Portland Business Journal’s Most Philanthropic Company, and many, many more accolades!
Commitment To Diversity
TPG promotes a culture of inclusion and is committed to growing the diversity of our workforce. This is a place where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals and meet the needs of our clients and the communities we serve.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.