Consultant, Retirement Plans
Find your place at The Partners Group, a purpose-driven company committed to making a difference in our community through our work and inspiring others to do the same.
TPG’s success is driven by a culture that values partnerships. We’re looking for people who invest in their relationships, seek to learn, create winning solutions for all, and do what they say they are going to do. Hard work goes without saying at TPG, supported by our culture that thrives on having fun while living well. This is what it means to be a partner for our clients and teammates.
Are you ready to join an amazing team that has won too many Employer of Choice awards to list? Let’s work together!
The Partners Group currently has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced retirement plan professional to join the Retirement team as a Consultant and sales person.
How you will have an impact at TPG:
The primary role of a Retirement Plan Consultant is to lead the consulting relationship for assigned retirement plan clients, provide technical expertise in the retirement plan consulting space, and prospect new clients.
What a typical day in this role looks like:
- Conduct regularly scheduled review meetings with plan committees discussing overall plan health, governance, investment offerings, and regulatory updates
- Participate and/or lead initiatives to promote the sale of consulting services
- Drive and support cross selling strategies for existing and new clients
- Compile and/or assist in responses to Requests for Proposals
- Coordinate with the retirement team on matters related to customer service standards, service improvements, etc.
- Educate clients on fiduciary duties and guide them through investment committee training, plan governance, and education strategy development
- Act as a liaison between the service providers and plan committees to solve the myriad of challenges that need to be addressed in the day-to-day operation of a retirement plan
- Handle client inquiries timely and effectively
Location: Tigard, OR
Hours: 40 hours/week, Mon-Fri
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and ability to handle long periods of screen time.
Travel: Ability to travel locally with periodic overnight travel.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (preferred)
- At least three to five years of corporate retirement experience in sales, consulting, or relationship management (required)
- A firm understanding of the technical details and regulations pertaining to corporate retirement plans
- A Series 65 license (required)
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional level of professional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
What will really make you stand out:
- You have additional designations and certifications, such as your Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA) or Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF)
- You have strong industry networking experience and skills
- You are experienced with investment analysis, research, and possess the ability to explain this information to plan committees
- You are a team player with a positive, self-motivated attitude
What TPG can offer you:
- A rich benefits package including generous Paid Time Off, Medical and Dental Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, and Retirement plan
- Support & Development to cultivate your knowledge and Continuing Education to maintain or support your professional designations
- Community Involvement perks including 8 hours paid volunteer time per quarter, charitable contributions matched by TPG, and an All-company holiday volunteer day
Commitment To Diversity
TPG promotes a culture of inclusion and is committed to growing the diversity of our workforce. This is a place where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals and meet the needs of our clients and the communities we serve.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.