Find your place at The Partners Group, a purpose-driven company committed to making a difference in our community through our work and inspiring others to do the same.
TPG’s success is driven by a culture that values partnerships. We’re looking for people who invest in their relationships, seek to learn, create winning solutions for all, and do what they say they are going to do. Hard work goes without saying at TPG, supported by our culture that thrives on having fun while living well. This is what it means to be a partner for our clients and teammates.
Are you ready to join an amazing team that has won too many Employer of Choice awards to list? Let’s work together!
The Partners Group currently has an outstanding opportunity for an employee benefits professional with a life and disability insurance background and management experience to join our Group Physician Advisory Services team (GPAS).
How you will have an impact at TPG:
The primary roles of the GPAS Benefits Service Manager are to assist the Managing Consultant in the deployment of division strategies and to lead and manage client service delivery.
What a typical day in this role looks like:
- Work with the Managing Consultant and HR team on staffing, performance management, and team goal setting
- Provide oversight of regulatory and compliance changes, updates, and communication
- Assist assigned department carrier liaison to help maintain a professional working relationship with carriers and vendors
- Lead the delivery of best-in-class client service for all clients
- Work with the HR team and the Managing Consultant in the recruitment for GPAS team new hires and conduct orientation and training
Location: Portland, OR
Hours: 40 hours/week, Mon-Fri
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and ability to handle long periods of screen time.
Travel: Ability to travel locally with minimal overnight travel
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but at a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of Life & Disability Insurance
- 5-10 years of experience in successfully managing people
- Life and Health Insurance License or the ability to obtain it within 4 months of attending a pre-license course
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What will really make you stand out:
- You are an experienced people manager with the ability to bring people together around a common goal
- You have a track record of doing what’s best for the client and serving clients at the highest level
- You thrive when working cohesively with others in a tight-knit team environment
What TPG can offer you
- A rich benefits package including generous Paid Time Off, Medical and Dental Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance, and Retirement plan
- Support & Development to cultivate your knowledge and Continuing Education to maintain or support your professional designations
- Community Involvement perks including 8 hours paid volunteer time per quarter, charitable contributions matched by TPG, and an All-company holiday volunteer day
Commitment To Diversity
TPG promotes a culture of inclusion and is committed to growing the diversity of our workforce. This is a place where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals and meet the needs of our clients and the communities we serve.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.