This family favorite was modified from Emeril Lagasse’s mother’s recipe.
Recipe calls for a 6.5 Quart Crock Pot and feeds a good-sized crowd!
12 cups bread cubes
2 ½ – 3 cups chicken stock
3 large well beaten eggs
3 tbsp butter
2 ½ – 3 cups chopped celery
1 ½ cups chopped onions
1 tbsp minced garlic
½ lb hot sausage
1 lb mild sausage
1 cup fresh chopped parsley
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine bread cubes, beaten eggs, and chicken stock to get those bread cubes nice and moist.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the celery, onion, and garlic. Let the vegetables soften, but do not let them brown.
- Take the veggies out and brown up the sausage so the flavors meld nicely. If you don’t want your stuffing to have any kick, use all mild sausage.
- When the sausage is brown, add the vegetables back in with the sausage. Add parsley, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add all of this goodness to the bread cubes and mix well. Add to your crock pot.
- Cook on high for 1 ½ hours. This recipe can also be baked in the over at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
Personal & Commercial Insurance Advisor
Founded in 1981, The Partners Group has been serving the financial and insurance needs of employers, medical professionals, and successful individuals for over 35 years. We are an independent consulting firm with services including employee benefits, business consulting, retirement planning and investment services, commercial and individual insurance. The Partners Group has offices in Bellevue, WA; Portland, OR; Lake Oswego, OR; Bend, OR; and Bozeman, MT. For more information, please visit https://www.thepartnersgroup.com. 800-722-6339.